Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I can do this.....

Ok, so this morning I'm super excited!  I decided to sit in front of the computer and do a little research on my few times I ran in a 5K or 10K.  I'm stoked, my Anthem 5K in 2009 I ran it in 34:08, in 2010 I ran it in 32:52, the Independence Day 5K I ran it in 29:24.  Well I have been out doing all of these times while on the elliptical.....I can beat this Saturday, right??!!??!!  I really think I can.  I know it's different running on pavement, but I believe I can do it.  I've mentioned before I have only ran in one 10K, that was Rodes City Run in 2010 and I finished that in 1:02:49.  So my goal for this Saturday is to beat my best 5K time!!! I looked at the top 25 in my division, I still have alot of work to do before I think I will ever be there but for the 5K in 2010 the 24th person had 24:16, in the 10K for 2010 the 24th person had 49:25. : (  I may one day get there.....I'm just taking it one step at a time! (literally) 

I haven't hit the gym yet this morning, I had alot of work to get done first....but I'm going to be heading that way soon and get a run in.  I may decide to run outside, it's been sprinkling though.....Hmmm, decisions....I don't know yet which I'm going to do!  I just know I'm going to do something! 

2 comments:

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!