Monday, February 28, 2011

I did it.....

, PRI haven't posted for a few days and I have to say, I've missed you all!!! 

I did it.....I ran the Anthem 5K Fitness Classic this past Saturday and finished with my best time in a race, 28:11I ran into a few obstacles.  Even before mile marker 1, my shoe comes untied……It stayed under my pants leg and wasn’t lose enough where I had to stop and tie it so I just kept going.  Every once in a while I would notice that string sling out but it didn’t cause me any problems except it was on my mind!  There were PEOPLE everywhere. The ones that decided to walk, for the most part, just walked in the middle of the course.  They didn’t even bother to get to the side so you are dodging in and out of 8721 people that finished the race!!! Yep, 8721 were how many finishers they had.  My grandma said on the news they said there were over 10,000 people there!  Then, about the 2 mile marker my right calf tightens up!!  What the HELL!?!?!?!  It’s never done that to me before.  I found out, the elliptical, not even close to the same thing.  My body felt it yesterday and just doing 3.2 miles, it shouldn’t have since I thought I was ready for this thing!! Here are a few pictures from the race:

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you, Christie! You are such a rock star! :)

    Side note: love the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!