Monday, February 21, 2011

Motivation Monday!!!

"Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it." -Oprah Winfrey
When I came across this quote, I really liked it. The word “running” can be changed to different things….we can change it to exercise, or to dieting, etc.   It seems to be pretty true to.  When I don’t exercise, run, or diet….I don’t get the results that I’m wanting!! 
This morning I hit the gym, I did strength training.  It went really well, I felt good and actually went up in some weights, and I also went up on reps on some of them.   So my plan this week is to run tomorrow….hopefully it will be nice enough to run outside, if not I will jump on the elliptical.  Wednesday, do Strength training and get a run in.  Then I’m going to take off Thursday and Friday to rest for the race Saturday morning.  Starting next week I am going to have to up my distance.  4 miles is not enough to prepare me for the 10K or the 10miler. 
I’m so pumped about Saturday’s Anthem 5K race.  I’m not excited about the weather forecast.  I looked online today and it shows for Louisville rain/thunder for Saturday!!  Hopefully it will hold off until after the run.   If not, I just have to suck it up and push myself to get across the finish line quicker!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!