Monday, February 14, 2011

Motivational Monday!!!!

“You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.” – Author Unknown
We all fall in the “water” once in a while.  We slip up, eat more than we should, skip one to many days at the gym, had one (or two) more margarita’s than we should, or feel like giving up.  What’s great is all of us have the choice to either stay underneath the water, or get out of it!  I think all of my supporters, and the people reading and visiting this blog are either thinking about making a change and need the extra push, have already committed to make a change, or have already made that change and are continuing down that path.  I’m so thankful that I have supporters that help me through the tough times!!!

I hope everyone has a Happy Valentine’s Day!!! Today is a great day to show someone how much you really appreciate, and care about them.  It doesn’t have to be your husband, your wife, your girlfriend, your boyfriend.  It can be your best friend, or a co-worker.  Today is the day to let them know that you don’t take them for granted!!

I didn’t get to post anything yesterday, partly because I didn’t do any type of work-out to post about.  So not ONLY did I not get to run in the Cupid 5K (which was cancelled) Saturday, my Sunday had no type of calorie burning activity in it either!  I had intentions of going last night and burning some calories on the elliptical but I never made it.  We went and watched “Just Go With It”.  I thought it was a really cute movie.  This morning I got up and got the kids off to school, and then hit the gym.  I did my regular strength training and I feel really good about it!  I have to start getting longer runs in.  These 3 or 4miles that I have been doing are not going to prepare me.  I have to prepare for the 10K and 10miler I have coming up.  I’m hoping warm weather comes for a while so I can do those longer runs outdoors and not on the elliptical.  Time drags by when I have to do 6miles on that thing!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love your comment about Valentines Day. I agree with you wholeheartedly! That quote you posted perfectly describes the whole weight loss/fittness journey. I love it!

    Also, thanks for supporting my blog. I really appreciate it.

    http://artbymichellelong.blogspot.com/
    http://michellegetsinshape.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!