Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Saying Goodbye........

I'm saying goodbye to the "old" me....Sunday morning I had to go through some pictures for Tom's mother.  She's making one of those picture DVD's......Well I ran across this picture, along with many others, of the "old" me.  Here it is (URGH)

Yes, that's me.....well the "old" me.  When I ran across this picture, I could NOT believe it.  Did I really, really look like that???  I immediately called my mom and was like "mom, why didn't you tell me??  You should have told me I needed to lose weight in a BAD way".  She gave the great motherly come back, "because I always have thought you were beautiful".  Yes, I love her for that, but DANG!!!!???!!!!???  I'm really embarrassed.  I’m embarrassed for people to remember the "old” me, I’m embarrassed for people who have never seen me look like this, to see this picture, I’m embarrassed that I never realized it was that bad.  I knew I was self-conscious, I didn’t want to go out and dress up, dreaded going places and wondering was I going to be the biggest girl there.  I feel great about how far I have come, and I’m committed to NEVER, I MEAN NEVER get back to my "old” self again.  I know how easy it is to put on the pounds,  and how TERRIBLY HARD it is to get it off. 

I'm trying to keep the weight loss off and get fit, so I want to tell you what I’ve done lately.  Yesterday I ended up at the gym and did my strength training.  A few people emailed and asked what I did when I did the weights, so here ya go:
My Strength Training workout
I rotate the two exercises that are together, and do each of them 3 times
Calf Raises – 45lbs x 15reps
Tricep Curls – 20lbs x 10reps
Leg Press – 90lbs x 12reps
Lat Pull Down – 70lbs x 10reps
Squat Machine – 90lbs x 10reps
Reverse Crunches – 25reps
Hip Adductor – 80lbs x 20reps
Hip Abductor – 80lbs x 20reps
Leg Curls – 80lbs x 15reps
Glute kickback machine – 7lbs x 12reps
*****************************************************************************************
Tonight when I hit the gym, I did the elliptical.  I’m super excited to say, I bet my time, again, for doing 3.2miles.  I ended with……..... are you ready???? Drum roll please……………………………......…. 26:48 minutes and 366 calories burned!!!  I’m so proud of me…..I’m patting myself on the back   It was a complete killer!!!!

Well I’ve decided to run in the Cupid’s Chase 5K, which is a Nationwide 5K run for people with disabilities.  This run is for a great cause, I’m glad that I can contribute!  I got a great idea from (Just) Trying is for Little Girls to do a scrapbook with bibs from races I participate in.  Check out her blog, she has pictures there.  Although I didn’t keep any bibs from my prior races, I’m going to from now on. 
Hope everyone had a great day!!  I’m so happy to have the supporters that I do.  It makes it easier to know that I’m not doing this alone.  A BIG shout out to my supporters, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Christie, you know I can relate to the pictures. :) In fact, I found a few pictures of the "old" me...gonna post them in the next few days.

    Way to go on the elliptical- that is so awesome! The other day, "my" machine was taken so I did the elliptical. I forgot how hard it is! You are so inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your hard work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I want to say how PROUD I am of you sis! You are simply amazing. To see how far you've come, through the blood, sweat and tears shows how strong a person you are. I want you to know you have motivated Justin and I to get in shape and shed the extra pounds. We started Insanity on Saturday! Took the "fit test", or not so fit test for us, it was definitely an eye opener for me. I'm ashamed to say, but I will because this in MY first step, I have gained 30 pounds in the last 2 years. I'm determined to drop those 30 pounds (and more) with exercise, healthy diet and the motivation from your blog. Today is day 3 of Insanity and I can't wait to get home and workout! I think of you each time I'm working out and think Christie would push me to finish...so I do.
    Keep up the great work sis!
    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on your workout! And that "before" picture... I'm sorry, but you look good in that picture! You're wearing shorts and a sleeveless top! :)

    Thanks for your comment yesterday! And yes, it hurts to sit down to pee! Stupid Jillian Michaels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! I'll add you to my blog list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its funny how perspective can be so different - I think you look great in that picture! If I saw that pic I would NEVER think that you were overweight at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - good for you for changing your life around :) My turnaround point was when I saw a photo of myself, too!

    Judge ourselves on what we do now, not what we did way back when :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!