Thursday, February 10, 2011

Well, I hit the gym this morning.  I first started off on the elliptical, I did 2 m   iles.  Then I did my strength training, however switched it up a bit.  I did the bar, with some weight for my squats instead of my usual machine.  I’m hoping that this wasn’t a mistake since I run in the Cupid 5K on Saturday.  Not fun, if your legs are killing you!!  I think I will be alright though, no excuses, right!?!?!?!?! 
After the gym, I heading to the grocery to pick up a few things that we needed around the house.  I am liking the Salmon in the pouch, it’s low in calories, high in protein, and all I have to do it slap it on a piece of bread.  I keep reading about “Greek Yogurt” so I thought I would give it a try.  I bought the yogurt and put in some Raisin, Dates, and Almond cereal to help with the taste.  I couldn’t eat it…..It didn’t taste good to me at all.  Is there a secret on how you guys get this stuff down??

Well, I want to vent a little bit about the grocery trip.  Not the trip itself, but my fellow grocery shoppers. This lady ran over my heels with her cart at the grocery!!!  Not just a bump, I mean, she ran over them.  She didn’t say, oops, sorry, excuse me, not even excuse you!!!  Not anything??!!??  I wanted to hit her with my cart in the next aisle!! Did I just type that??? Sorry......but why are people so RUDE!!!  URGH!!! 
I know I’m doing this blog to keep my motivated.  I have to admit though, I’m nervous about the Cupid 5K Saturday.  I don’t know why?  Maybe because it was a last minute decision, maybe because I want to do really good so I can share “good news” (AKA – a good pace) with all of you, or it could be I’m nervous about running in this cold weather.  I’m going to suck it up, I’m still doing it, but just have the butterflies about it!
Do any of you get nervous about racing??  How do you get over the nervousness??

2 comments:

  1. What kind of Greek yogurt did you try? I love the Chobani Peach, it's amazing!! The sugar is a little high, but great source of protein. I eat the peach kind plain :)

    Good luck at your race Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Greek Yogurt. My guess is that you bought plain? I enjoy the plain flavor that is because I like things less sweet, personally, and can add my own fruit, etc to it.

    If you did buy plain and that's why you didn't like it, Chobani has some really awesome fruit flavors like raspberry, pineapple, and peach, which are just like regular yogurt but a little thicker.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!