Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I never knew, a Banana??

I read this article today on YAHOO! about eating a Banana.....I never would of thought this:

Ever grab a snack but then feel hungry again 20 minutes later? Next time, reach for a banana. It’s loaded with Resistant Starch (RS), a healthy carb that fills you up and helps to boost your metabolism. Slightly underripe medium-sized bananas have 12.5 grams of RS—more than most other foods. Ripe bananas give you 4.7 grams of RS, still enough to keep hunger pangs away. Check out these tasty ways to work in this wonder food.
Also, there were a few recipes, this one looked like it would taste pretty good:

Banana "Ice Cream"Peel, slice, and freeze 1 small banana. Place frozen banana pieces in a blender with 3 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk; blend until thick. Top with 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts.


I never would of thought a banana would boost your metabolism!!  That's freakin awesome.  I will have to start eating more bananas!! :)

Today, I hit the gym, done my strength training routine....however only done 2 sets of Squats because that dang left calf of mine was tightin up again.  I didn't want to hurt myself (or fall flat on my ass in front of everyone) so I decided 2 sets was enough.  After my work out I got on the treadmill and did a slow walk for 3miles.  I'm glad to add that 3 miles to my Daily Mile widget.  Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to add a run.  I haven't ran 6 miles since starting this journey in January and I have the 10K next Saturday so I better get with it!

Hope every one's hump day went good!!  Half way through the week!!  Shewwww, I'm glad.  The weekend can't get here quick enough. 

5 comments:

  1. I am going to try the banana ice cream for baby girl. what 16 month old do you know that willing eats a whole banana?? she is crazed for bananas, tomatoes and edamame! :) Add that 3 miles to your 93 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny you should post this- I had a banana as a snack today. Now I'm going to be going to them more often! :) I have tried the "banana ice cream"- it's SOOO delicious! If you want to be a teeny bit bad, you could add a couple chocolate chips in there too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that thing on Yahoo too! I probably eat a banana a day now. I've tried that banana soft serve and it is really good! I just blend the banana by itself, without the milk tho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to see that underripe bananas are better. I seriously HATE ripe bananas! You can make that "banana ice cream" just buy freezing chunks of banana & food-processing them, too. Works great - it was a craze that swept the blog world last year :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!