Monday, March 28, 2011

Motivational Monday

"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that." –From Pokey

That was my goal last Saturday, to just finish!!  It was my first 10miler and I was really nervous.  Not only nervous because it was my first but also had an added nervousness because Tom came to cheer me on.  I didn’t want to let him down either.
It’s Monday and chilly here today.  I want that FL weather back so bad!  It was so nice to get up and go outside and run and not worry about getting cold.  I didn’t hit the gym today and don’t really have any plans on working out.  I read other peoples blog and they are so organized and have a scheduled lined out and unfortunately I don’t do that.  It’s probably something I need to do and hold myself accountable for.  I do plan on being at the gym tomorrow morning though. 
I really want to try and run in a race at least once a month.  Rather it be a 5K, 10K or whatever, it just really motivates me and makes me feel really good afterwards.  I don’t know if it’s going to be realistic though since AAU Basketball is coming up and we will have tournaments almost every weekend for about 5-6 weekends starting sometime next month.  I’m going to do my best though.  I have already looked, and one of the tournaments in Louisville is close to a 5K that they will be having.  So, I’m planning on registering for that one if the team gets into that tournament.

Here’s another picture from our FL Trip, all of us out to eat at Joe’s Crab Shack!! My brother Billy and his wife, Cortney on the left.  Me and Tom on the right!!

Do you lay out a plan for working out or running each week?? 

1 comment:

  1. In general, no, I don't set a plan for working out each week. I usually will set a mileage goal to hit or a number of days to work out/number of days to take off and go from there/see how I am feeling during the week!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!