Sunday, March 27, 2011

Papa John's 10 Miler

First off, I can't believe I haven't posted in a few days.  I have just been extremely busy.  Actually got to get out and cut grass Thursday!!  Can you believe it and then last night we got snow!!  The weather is crazy!!!
I ran the Papa John’s 10 Miler yesterday.  I actually did better than I had expected.  The course goes through Iroquis Park which is a hilly park, it has a look out point if that tells you anything.  My official time for the 10 miles was 1:38:10 however, when I finished my appi said I ran 10.18 miles???  Not sure how that happened?? 
Streching before race
Chik-Fil-A cow, Louisville Cardinal, and Pizza during National Anthem

Finish Line - Official Chip time 1:38:10

University of Louisville Football Stadium
Now, I don’t have any more races scheduled right now.  I’m looking though.  I’m actually looking forward to the next one I run! 
This weekend we all spent the weekend in Louisville at my sister’s place.  We went up Friday when the kids got out of school.  Friday night my brother and his kiddos came over there to and we all watched Kentucky beat Ohio St.  Saturday of course was “race” day.  Tom went with me and cheered me one….How sweet!  He took lots of pics.  After the race I showered and we hit the mall.  Did some shopping, I got a pair of shorts from American Eagle!!  Went down a size!!  OH YEAH!!! Afterwards we ate lunch at Applebee’s and I had ½ of a Rueben Sandwich.  It was pretty good.  Then Tom headed back to the house.  He had to feed the calfs and had AAU practice to get ready for today.  He’s coaching a AAU team, this is his second year.  We have lots of fun with it.  So last night it was just the kids and me staying at my sisters.  We went over my brother’s house where my sister-in-law made a amazing chicken pasta dish!  I need to get the recipe!  Today we went to my dad’s.  He just got remarried and we had a get together for that.  We are finally back home and I get to relax!!!
What did you do this weekend??  Hope everyone had a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your run! When I ran my full marathon, my Garmin said I ran like 2 extra miles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY TO GO! Awesome job in an awesome time! I'm jealous!! You should be VERY proud of yourself!! Cheers to a great race!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!