Wednesday, September 7, 2011

52 days.......

52 days till what??? My very first ½ marathon!! I'm so pumped, even more so then I was last week. I'm on week 3 of the 10 week ½ marathon training schedule and I'm feeling good.

A 4 mile run was on the schedule for today, and like yesterday, I hit the gym first thing in the morning. Yep, it's still raining!! When's it going to end???? Anyways, back to my 4 mile run. I hit the gym and as soon as I pulled in realized AGAIN, I left my ear buds. URGHHHH!!! So before I even got started I was dreading it. The gym was unusually busy this morning. The only open treadmill was in front of the same TV that loses satellite signal constantly!! So, no ear buds, no music, no ear buds, no TV, no signal. I start running and try not to be discouraged and look down, yep, forgot my water in the truck to. I wasn't about to stop so I just kept on along. I felt really good, I usually run around a 9:44 mile pace put I kept increasing it. My fastest time today was running at a 8:57 mile pace. I was worried that I was going to tucker out and not finish the 4 miles. I FINISHED though......finished my 4 mile run in 37:49. Super excited. I then walked a mile for cool down. I was a HOT sweaty mess!!!

 
I came home, showered, ate my breakfast which was Panera's Cinnamon Crunch Bagel (YUMMY), and headed out the door. I wanted to treat myself to a massage but living in this small town, there is no place to get one. I settled with a pedicure instead. It was awesome and the girl doing it was such a sweetheart!
After that relaxing pedicure I wanted to go home, snuggle in bed, and take a little nap. That wasn't going to work, I had to go to Wal-Mart first to get some much needed items.  Wheat wraps, Coke Zero (addicted), Jif to go, Apple Butter jelly (to die for), Salmon in a pouch, Strawberries, Oxygen magazine (body to die for), and some other things I threw in the cart......Don't look at those ding dongs, the kids love em.....I may or may not eat one
On the schedule for tomorrow is a 3 mile run and heading to my sister's for a girls night and picking up my little brother who is going to be staying with us for a while.


Hope everyone has had a great day!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job on your run! LOVE pedicures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First half marathon?!?! That is SO EXCITING! It's going to creep up so fast. Enjoy every minute of your training!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!