Monday, September 19, 2011

Motivational Monday!

Motivational Monday!

It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not ~ Anonymous

I can't agree more with this!! When I first started exercising, trying to run, trying to be active I literally barely could jog a tenth of a mile. No joke. It's sad, but that is where I was in life. That's where I let my body go. I let work, kids, marriage, all of those things be an excuse for me not to have to exercise, not having time to get moving. Here I was at my heaviest:

After slowly realizing that I had to make a change for myself and my kids I started getting better and pushing myself. My longest run is now 10 miles....Oh, but remember my ½ marathon next month, that is soon to go up. Up to at least 13.1! YIPEE!!!

I'm now on week 5 of the 10 week half marathon training schedule. Looking at the schedule it looks like week 7 will be my toughest, most mileage week. Then week 10 of course is when I have to bring all of this training together and pull myself through those 13.1 miles at the Big Hit 1/2 Marathon
 
 
Here is what I completed last week:
Mon – 3 mile run - .60 mile walk
Tue – Rest
Wed – 5 mile run
Thur – 3 mile run - .50 mile walk
Fri – Rest
Sat - 8 mile run
Sun - Rest
 
 
Here is what's on the schedule for this week:
Mon – 3 mile run
Tues – Rest
Wed – 5 mile run
Thur – 3 mile run
Fri – Rest (also my birthday-Happy birthday to me, Happy birthday to me. Yes I was singing!)
Sat – 10 mile run (my longest run so far-EVER. OMG)
Sun - Rest
 
 
Ok, I can't lie. As I'm typing this schedule this week, as I'm looking at my Saturday 10 mile run and knowing that this is my longest run I have EVER ran. I'm getting butterflies in my tummy!! I can do this though. (I'm really wondering what have I done?? Half Marathon-really Christie??)
Any one else training for upcoming race? Have you entered my first giveaway??
Talk to you all soon!

Christie

4 comments:

  1. Christie, you can do it! Keep pushing! 13.1 is my favorite distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristie, YOU WERE the one that it wouldn't let me post a link too...BUTTTTTTT i went back and it let me:) sooo...claim your award sista:) love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy B'day early - so you are giving yourself a long run for your B'day? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing to look back at where you were and see how far you've come!! I am doing my second 1/2 a few weeks before you. You will be amazed at how that training plan will take you to the finish line. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!