Monday, September 26, 2011

Motivational Monday

Motivational Monday

Never give up. Keep your thoughts and your mind always on the goal. ~ Tom Bradley


Let me get right to it today. My run Saturday, yep, the 10 mile run that I was scheduled to do. It went great. I was super happy with myself. I'm not going to lie though. This route that I have been taking for the longer runs have inclines in them. Which, if you have read my blog much, you know me and hills do not get along. I can't stand em'. The 10th mile on this run was incline, almost the entire way. After 10 miles, I was debating on walking the last mile! Why I would even be thinking that way I don't know. I did talk to myself again, and asked myself if this was the last mile of the ½ marathon and I could see that finish line would I stop right now? No, I wouldn't have, so I didn't stop on that 10th mile. I ran the entire way. This was actually my 1st ever 10 miles that I have ran without walking some throughout. My 10 mile run was over and my pace was 9:23 minute mile!! WHOOAAA!!!! :)

I'm smiling just typing this! Moving on..........

What I did last week:

Mon – 3.0 mile Run .50 walk
Tue – Rest
Wed – 5.0 mile Run
Thurs – 3.04 mile Run .50 walk
Fri – Rest
Sat – 10.04 mile Run
Sun – Rest

I'm now starting my 6th week of the ½ marathon training schedule and here is what's on the schedule this week:

Mon – 4 mile run
Tue – Rest
Wed – 5 mile run
Thur – 4 mile run
Fri – Rest
Sat – 11 mile run OMG!!!
Sun – Rest

Do any of you talk to yourself?? Any upcoming races that you are in??


Christie

5 comments:

  1. I have to continuously tell myself "you can do it...make it to that point up there and you can take a break." But once I make it there I don't take a break. I just like thinking that! Haha.

    I am registering for a 10K on October 22nd! Pretty nervous because I need to get my booty in gear and start running more!

    -Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting. My name is Christie too:) Exciting that you had a great 10 mile run! Happy Running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I talked to myself a lot. Especially when the miles stretch out. When I was doing 21 on Sunday I kept asking myself "why did I think this was a good idea again?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!!!! Doesn't it feel so amazing?!?! Congrats on such a great run! I talk to myself all the time. I really am my own motivator and it totally works for me! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Great job on your 10 miler! I talk to myself all the time....especially when I am either running or busy!! I have to keep it all on track! I have a half coming up this Sunday...eeek nervous!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!