Saturday, September 10, 2011

My trip to Louisville

I headed to Louisville Thursday morning to help my sister do some things around her house. We were supposed to paint around the porch but the rain, and moisture in the air kept us from doing it. We started and 45 minutes later, the paint was still as wet as when we first put it on. We decided to stop wasting our time and go bargain shopping! I love going to the Goodwill or Thrift stores and seeing what goodies I can find at their cheap prices. We didn't find much that trip!

We picked up my little brother from school since he is staying with me for a while and decided on what we were going to do for dinner. We decided on El Nopal (a Mexican restaurant in town). Then it hit us, YES, tonight is Elvis night at El Nopal! It was a great time!! My brother even enjoyed it. He has groupies to, I'm talking serious followers! Here's a picture and video for your entertainment:
Sorry, Couldn't figure out how to rotate video




Ok, so back to the reason's I started this blog to begin with. My Thursday 3 mile run didn't happen, was enjoying spending time with my family. I thought I could get it in on Friday, well that didn't happen either. We woke up at 6:00 my time, showered, and then went out for the day shopping, eating, and hitting Borders 80-90% off sale. I will post about that later.....After our 2 hour drive back home we had to get ready for a cook out.

First thing this morning I hit the gym, ran 3 miles on the elliptical and did ½ mile cool down. I have to say “ROCKED it”.

Pic after my 3 mile run.....

I felt really good. I originally had 6 miles on today's schedule but because of Thursday's make up run I'm going to do the 6 mile run tomorrow. I'm not going to skip any of them. I want to train and follow this schedule for the ½ marathon and feel good about my efforts when I'm down.


Thanks for stopping by!!
Christie

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a super fun day! Mexican food= amazing!

    Way to go on the run, Christie! You DID rock it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!