Monday, September 5, 2011

Still pushing along.....

I'm still pushing along, with my 1/2 marathon training that is.  I had 5 miles on the schedule for Saturday however, my Saturday was so busy I didn't get it in when it was cool out.  When I got done with the things I needed to it was 12 and 90+ degrees outside.  So I decided to wait until it cooled off.  6 o'clock rolled around, still 90+, same for 7, and then 8 o'clock rolled around and it was 86 degrees.  Needless to say, I decided to put the run off.  I figured this was my first 5 mile run in a long time so I had that against me.  I didn't need the heat and humidity against me to.  Sunday morning I got up and ran my scheduled 5 miles!!  Yep, it felt good.  I finished it in a 9:54 mile pace.  Not to bad.  Plus the run had a few hills on it, and me and hills do not get along.  A HUGE thank you for the people who pushed and help motivate me to keep this training up.  Here are the runs that I have on the training schedule for this week:

Monday - 3 miles (this is going to have to wait until tomorrow)
Tuesday - rest day
Wednesday - 4 miles
Thursday - 3 miles
Friday - rest day
Saturday - 6 miles
Sunday - rest day

I'm not sure how I'm going to get these runs in this week.  I skipped the run today because it rained ALL day long, but the forecast is rain EVERYDAY this week.  If I run tomorrow I don't want to keep Wed, and Thurs on schedule because that would be 3 days straight.  I may be able to do it but I don't want to over do myself.  Thursday and Friday I'm going to be in Louisville picking my little brother up.  He's coming to stay with us for a while......So time is against me this week.  I don't know how I'm going to do it but I'm going to get everyone one of these runs in this week one way or another!!

Here is what I completed last week:
Sunday - 4.0 run, .50 walk
Monday - 3.0 run, 1.0 walk
Tuesday - Rest
Wednesday - 4.0 run, 1.0 walk
Thursday - 3.02 run (walked .10 of that)
Friday - Rest
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - 5.01 run


I  hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!