Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Training Tips Tuesday!

As I've been looking for training tips to help tone and get me in shape, I thought I would do the research and post a tip each Tuesday for everyone to see!!  Hope you all enjoy:

Secret tip that will help women sculpt a lean and sexy body

Combining both cardiovascular and weight training will increase your metabolism. Most women I find just do cardiovascular which is good, but if you really want to turbo-charge your metabolism you need to do weight training too. I recommend at least 3 times a week. Weight training helps tone and sculpt your whole body and creates more lean muscle. The more lean muscle you have the faster your metabolism will be.

*******This tip found on www.womensfitness.lifetips.com********


This morning I stayed on track and I hit the gym (still raining) as soon as I dropped the kiddos off at school.  I ran 3.0 miles on the treadmill and completed it in 28:--.  Yes, I forgot the exact time.  I usually take a picture so I don't forget but today, it slipped my mind.  Probably because I left my earbuds at home and the satellite signal kept going in and out.....gosh sounds like I'm complaining.  haha....after the 3.0 mile run I walked another 1/2 mile for cool down.  On tomorrow's schedule is 4 miles.......

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Way to go, Christie! I totally can relate when leaving earbuds at home; it makes workouts BORING! I actually went and just bought another pair so I could keep it in my purse at all times. :)

    Oh, and I TOTALLY agree with that tip. When I just did cardio, I didn't notice a huge change. When I went to cardio and weights, definitely noticed a difference!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!