Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Fixin

So before I even start this post I have to confess I don't recall where I got this recipe from but it's not mine. I'm sorry to whomever I'm not giving credit for this.......

I just had this jotted down on a piece of notepad paper, not even on my regular note card that I usually write recipes down on. This thing didn't even have a name so I'm just naming it Apple Dish. Simple enough!?!?!

Main Ingredients
3 Med Apples cored and sliced thin
1 tsp of cinnamon
2 tbsp of sugar
2 tbsp flour

Toppings
1 cup quick oats
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp butter

Mix main ingredients and place in baking dish. In small bowl mix topping ingredients until it is crumbly. Sprinkle over apple mixture in baking dish.

Bake @ 325 degrees for approx. 30

Ingredients needed ~ check out my super cute baking dish <3 more on that in another post


Main Ingredients without the topping ~ looking delicious ~ see how cute that baking dish is

Final result ~ still looking delicious.  That UK shirt I have on should be burned, I'm a total UofL fan, Tom is a UofK fan so this is something he bought me.  Of course we are on fall break so this is what I wore cleaning.....hehehehehehe

Ok so I'm not a big fan of this dish even though it SMELLED and LOOKED delicious.  If they had a candle scented in this smell, I would have one burning. To me it's missing something, I don't know what but it's just missing something. Hell, it could be that I forgot to jot something down on this piece of wadded up notebook paper that I have! Maybe if it have apple sauce, or added some water to make the sugar more of a mixture. It just seemed dry. BUMMER. I really love a good apple dish but this one I'm going to have to scrap.

Any one have any good apple recipes to share?  What about any races this weekend they are running? 





6 comments:

  1. I wish I had a good apple dish for you but I'm a horrible cook! I depend on others for recipes. When someone fixes something good on their blog I just pray they provide a link so I can fix it too.

    That UK shirt should be burned because they suck so bad this year. I think they should be forced to play local high school teams. That bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to eat everything apple.....but baking/cooking it? Not so much. I'm terrible. I did make baked apples once and it was great. I didn't burn the house down....woo hoo.

    No races for me this weekend but I am teaching spin.....

    xo
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is missing ice cream! It looks good, bummer it was dry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it depends on the apples...sometimes a dish like that doesn't need liquid and sometimes they do!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!