Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday Fixin

Apple Dumplin's - YUMMY!!!  (I searched Yummy images on Yahoo, I wouldn't advise you do this with kids in the room, take my word for it!!)

This recipe calls for:
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla
1 can of Mountain Dew (I use diet)
4 small Granny Smith Apples
2 packages of Pillsbury Crescent Dinner Rolls

  • Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
  • Heat the sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and butter in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.  Remove from heat and set aside.  Roll 1 slice of peeled, quartered, and cored apple in each crescent roll and place in 13x9 pan.  Pour the sugar mixture over the crescent rolls and add the Mountain Dew.
  • Bake for 40 - 45 minutes
Deeeelish!!

This was a Yummy treat, of course I had to eat mine with some vanilla Ice Cream.  Everyone gave this dessert at 10!!! :) I once heard dessert is the way to a mans heart.


This morning I was back at the gym.....yep, everyday this week.  Today I did 10 miles on the stationary bike.  My original plans was to do 10 miles then jump on the treadmill for a quick 3 miles but that didn't happen.  I just did the bike, then tanned.  I will probably take the day off from the gym tomorrow.  We are heading to Lexington to watch the KY Wildcats play North Carolina.  It should be a great game, and a packed house! 

What are you plans for the weekend?? 


7 comments:

  1. Oh yum-o!! Have a great weekend! Hubby and I actually have a night out....rare!

    Oh and I am a totally baby when it comes to the dark...believe me that I would not be out there if it wasn't for the 25 other people with me!

    I challenge you try a green monster....it looks scary but tastes so yummy...you don't even taste the spinach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds yummy! We have apples in the refrigerator waiting to be made into apple crisp.

    My husband is a Tarheels fan, I'm not sure if the game is on tv though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanned??? Say it isn't so Christie!! Don't make me give you a lecture on skin cancer ;)

    That desert did look so good. I have never heard of using Mt. Dew but it did look great!!

    Have fun at the game!! And stop tanning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food looks great! I'm currently up watching ESPN, so I just saw highlights from the game. It looked VERY exciting and I'm sure you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you had fun at the game! It was a great one!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!