Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday Fixin

I hope you all like pulled pork!  I like it on occasion and this recipe makes it pretty good! 

Here's what your going to need:
2 pounds of boneless pork (I used pork loin and sliced it about 1inch thick)
1 Tbs butter
1 Tbs Creole seasoning
2 Tbs of minced garlic
1 Red onion
1 Tbs of liquid smoke
4 cups of water

Melt the butter in a skillet and add pork.  Sprinkle Creole seasoning over your pork and brown both sides.  Once browned put the pork in the crockpot.  Then add your garlic and chopped onion in your skillet under onion is tender.  Add in the water, the liquid smoke, and pour it into the crockpot with the pork.  Cook on high until meat is tender and falling about. Shred and keep warm until you serve.

I took my pork, added BBQ, some hot sauce, and put it on a sesame seed bun. It was delicious!!  This is a easy to make meal, very cheap, and easy to clean up......especially when you use paper plates like me :) 



I decided to run the Reindeer Ramble with Julie tomorrow morning!!  It's going to be freezing, I'm going to have to crawl out of my warm bed snuggling with my hot man, I've got a 1 1/2 hour drive, and lose an hour because of time change getting there.....I'm doing it though!  Peer Pressure! :)  I'm really looking forward to it and am excited.  I've been trying to come up with an "outfit" and hope that I will be able to pull one together!  I'm not looking to PR in this race.  Julie already told me it's kinda hilly.  I've been doing weight training and the bike so I'm planning on making this an enjoyable fun race.

Anyone have any races planned this weekend??  Any suggestions on my outfit??  Are you going to try my pork recipe??

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see you!! I'm going tonight to find something fun to wear!!

    The recipe looks good, I'm gonna print it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I don't like pulled pork (I only eat chicken and turkey) but I'm sure that my husband would like this!

    Good luck racing this weekend! We are running in a 5K at 4:30pm on Saturday, it's going to be cold but it will be a lot of fun. I'm wearing a santa hat, green long sleeve shirt and red sparkle skirt (of course with black tights under). Good luck figuring out an outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the race tomorrow! I am sure the pulled pork would be yummy if I was into that kind of thing (eating meat!!). Have fun tomorrow and layer up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoop!! Come find me! I will be at the Team in Training booth. I am not runnin it but will be out there freezing my butt off too!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!