Friday, December 16, 2011

It's Friday Fixin'

Okay so this is what I made this week, it's the Ranchero Enchilada Casserole that I was emailed from Recipe4Living.

Serving Size / Yield
4 servings

Ingredients

  • 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
  • 1/2 C. water
  • 1 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 can (about 4 ounces) chopped green chiles
  • 1/4 C. rinsed, drained canned black beans
  • 3 Tbs. tomato paste
  • 2 Tbs. chopped red peppers
  • 2 C. cubed cooked chicken
  • 4 flour tortillas (8-inch) or 6 corn tortillas (6-inch), cut into strips
  • 1/2 C. shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

Stir the soup, water, chili powder, garlic powder, chiles, beans, tomato paste, red pepper, chicken and tortillas in a large bowl. Spoon the chicken mixture into a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Top with the cheese. Cover the baking dish.

Bake at 350°F. for 25 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling.

This recipe is brought to you by Campbell's®. Make Great Meals. Get Great Smiles. It's Amazing What Soup Can Do.

This was a really easy to make dish and it was cheap.  I only paid $10 bucks and some change to buy the ingredients (except for the garlic powder and chili powder-already had that).  It fed the 4 of us and we had left overs.  The family rated it about 8stars.  Tom thought it needed a little more kick to it.  Kayla didn't like the beans (I couldn't even taste them).  Alyssa didn't have any complaints.  I agreed with Tom, I would of liked it a little more spicy.  Maybe I should use Chipotle Chili seasoning next time. 
This weekend we have a busy weekend planned.  Tonight Alyssa has Bball practice, right after that Kayla has a HOSA dinner to attend.  Tomorrow morning my mom and little brother are coming up (shhhh, it's a secret, they are surprising Alyssa) to watch Alyssa's 2 basketball games she has tomorrow.  Right after the games we are driving to Louisville to celebrate Xmas with my best friend and her family.  We are just going to crash at her place.  Sunday morning we will stay in our PJ's and the family meets over my dad's for Xmas breakfast and opening presents.  We will continue to stay in our PJ's (due to lack of time) and head to my brothers and do Xmas lunch and open some more presents.  So pretty much we will stay in our PJ's all day and eat, celebrate, and drink some of this Holiday Punch!!!  I think I should rename it and call it Southern Punch.  I'm liking it better!!  I'm planning on taking lots of pictures to share with all of you.  We may or may not be able to make it back home Sunday night....I guess it will depend on how smooth the Southern Punch goes down.  

I hit the gym this morning, another session of that Killer workout, and another MISSED session of cardio.  I'm telling ya, when I spend an hour doing this workout I just don't have it in me to spend another 30-40 minutes on the treadmill.  I need to make myself but I start thinking about everything else I need to be getting done.  I have a dilemma to.  See, I'm supposed to workout out everything other day is what I'm scheduled and especially since I need to make up for a lost workout last week.  The next day is Sunday!  Well giving the fact I'm going to be outta town celebrating with friends in family, Saturday and Sunday chances are that if we make it back home Sunday night I won't be hitting the gym.  I may or may not go to the gym tomorrow morning in order to cover Sunday's workout.  This just doesn't give my body much time to recover.  Plus my mom and brother will be visiting AND I have a list of things I need to get to be able to make my dishes that I'm supposed to bring to these gatherings. 





1 comment:

  1. Mmm that recipe looks great! It's similar to one I use... I love green chilies in ANYTHING! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!