Friday, January 6, 2012

Fabulous Friday

It's Friday and I'm loving it.  Friday's normally means a slow work day for me, and a day that Tom gets to actually work from home and not have to travel to one of his offices. 

I normally post a Friday Fixin' on Friday but this week I didn't fix up anything new so I will just share with you all what was on the dinner menu for the week. Nothing to exciting....

Monday: Pork Loin, butter noodles, side salad, and french loaf bread
Tuesday: We ate dinner with Alyssa's basketball team at Mr. Gatti's.  There were in the championship game but ended up losing.  It was a tough game and I'm extremely proud of how all the girls played
Wednesday: Grilled Chicken Salad with croissant
Thursday: Smoked Sausage and Jambalaya w/cheese

Tonight we will probably just grab something on the go because Alyssa has practice from 4:00-5:30, and then the High school team plays at 6 and again at 7:30.

This morning I hit the gym and was able to put some miles on my new Brooks Pure Flow shoes that I got for Christmas!!  So far, so good.  I was very happy with them.  I finished with 4.5 miles on the treadmill. 
 I'm also excited about meeting someone new at the gym this morning!!  :)  Super Excited.  You know that this was one of my relationship goals to meet some more people around this town AND she's interested in being my running partner!  SCORE!!!  So here's how it went down.  She was on the treadmill next to me and asked how long I've been running for.  So we starting chatting and she told me that should wants to start running but gets so bored on the treadmill so she just starts walking.  So I talked her ear off, told her about me losing weight, starting to run, and running in my first half marathon in Oct.  I probably sounded really desperate for a running partner, well, cause I am really desperate, but we are meeting Sunday if I'm able to, and definitely Wednesday morning!!  I could do a happy dance! 

Hope every one's Friday is good.  Our plans for the weekend are the bball practice and games tonight.  Tomorrow we head to Louisville to watch UL vs Notre Dame at the YUM center!  Go C-A-R-D-S!!  Sunday is just a recover and hopefully meet up with my new running partner. 



8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finding a running buddy! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for finding a running partner I wish I had someone I could run with. I just found out that a girl 2 doors down runs.....I havent mustered up the courage to knock on her door yet but I think that would be so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! It's harder to find new friends with similar interests once you are out of school.....it feels a lot like dating haha. I hope you have a great time running with her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Congrats on finding a new running buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christie I just saw your comment about me not just buying "any" inhaler at Walmart... haha I was just kiddin! You can't even get 'em there... I don't think! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same shoes! I was actually just getting ready to mention them in my blog. I love them! I'm glad you have a new running buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome that you found a running buddy. Definitely helps keep you motivated.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!