Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My goals for 2012!!

I told you all I would post about my 2012 Goals and I expect you all to hold me accountable for these!! So here they are:

Fitness Goals:
I have set a few fitness goals for myself. I'm hoping to obtain all of these because it can only help me!!
  • Continue with my weight training – I absolutely love doing this killer workout that I have been doing now for....lets see, today is the 44th day. It is holding me accountable and I am sticking with it. I feel myself getting stronger and hoping that my body will start looking like I've ALWAYS dreamed of it looking. I am going to have to work on my eating in order for it to work. With the holidays I have been even worse then my normal self with eating habits, snacking, and grabbing junk instead of something healthy.
  • Register & Finish at least 1 race per month from March – October. The other months are just to cold outside for me. Possible virtual races those other months so I can do it indoors on the Dreadmill. Okay, so as I'm typing I'm changing this and I will do a race each month and virtual ones will count.
  • Complete the Olympic Tri that I am training and registered for in July. I'm not expecting to do great, not even in the top, I will be happy with a healthy finish line crossing.
  • To PR in a 5K, 10K, & 10 miler this year. Here are my current PR's so you know, 5K -26:32 (Thanks Coy!) 12/10/11, 10K – 59:16 03/12/11, 10miler – 1:38:10 03/26/11.
  • To run 600 miles for the year. This is a big jump for me from last year. Last year I only ran 346 miles but 2 of those months I ran under double digits and I had 1 month with 0 miles ran.

Financial Goals:
My only financial goal I have set for myself this year is to get my car paid off early. If I can get this done, it will be paid off a year earlier then expected.

Personal Goals:
I'm so confused and torn with this one. I'm not sure what I'm wanting to do but I do know I want to do at least one of these 3 goals below. I will consider this personal goal a success if I go for 1 and complete it.
  • Get my personal training certificate.
  • Go back to college and get a degree.
  • Volunteer or work in the community part-time and continue to service and keep my current insurance customers. I have to continue to do that or my financial goal would be gone!!

Relationship Goals:
I wanted to set some relationship goals for 2012. I set a goal for both my romantic and social relationships.
  • I want to continue to remind myself daily how much I appreciate and value my relationship with Tom. I will continue to not take our relationship and the things that we do for each other for granted. I think that this is number one in making a relationship work.
  • I want to make more friends and always be there for my friends I have now. Friendships are special and a true friend can never be replaced.

Okay, so there they are.....these are going to be my goals that I am striving to reach and meet this year!!

What kind of goals are you setting this year?


7 comments:

  1. Talk about positive thinking!! This all sounds really doable and achievable and happy!

    I'll switch bodies with you!! You're looking great these days girl! I hope to be able to do that tri with you in July too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really well-rounded goals :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the SMART goals! They all sound like solid & achievable goals.

    Join Team TC with me! It will help you with your relationship goal :-)

    Also, any interest in doing Atlanta Iron Girl on May 20th? I am already registered & may have to walk the run but I am definitely doing it! This will be my 3rd year doing it. I am going down with a friend that did it with me last year. I just mentioned it to Coy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME goals! I haven't exactly set any for myself this year. I'm just hoping to have a better 2012 because 2011 was awful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice goals! I know you can achieve all of them!

    I'm also going to pay off my car a little less than a year early. It will feel nice when it is finally paid off in two or three months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's to a wonderful 2012! Those are all awesome goals. I'm gonna write a blog on my goals too.

    But, my goals are to set personal records in my races as well and get back to my pre baby marathon race times.

    I know you can accomplish all of them! As we say in Hawaii, "Just charge em!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. great goals post! i like how the triple crown works up in distance then you've got the half right after.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!