Saturday is the Great Smoky Half Marathon and I'm super excited about it. Even though my training hasn't been on point, and I realize I won't have a PR on this course, I love the Gatlinburg. So here are our plans:
- Race Expo Friday afternoon
- Set up our camp site, and enjoy an evening with some family and friends who are going (no one else is running though, bummer).
- Saturday morning I will wake up bright and early and head to the start line. Race Time is at 7:30.
- I'm planning on lining up with the 1:55 pace group. Which will be a miracle if I hit since my PR is 1:58:35 and the course is pretty much a gradual incline the entire 13.1 miles.
- Once I cross the finish line (my family and friends better be there, fair warning) we will head back, shower and get ready for a hiking trip.
- Saturday evening we will cookout and enjoy another evening with everyone and then back home on Sunday!