Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Accountability

Accountability is something I've been struggling with lately.  I know we all have things that get in the way of what we had planned that day rather it be to hit the gym, to run, to do laundry, or just to have a chill day.  I've been having those days for the past few months.  Repeatedly I tell myself each week and write down my goals and schedule for the week that I'm going to stick with this, this week is going to be FABULOUS, somehow it always doesn't end up happening.  The key is, I'm still pushing along, I HAVE NOT GAVE UP!! 

Saturday is the Great Smoky Half Marathon and I'm super excited about it.  Even though my training hasn't been on point, and I realize I won't have a PR on this course, I love the Gatlinburg.  So here are our plans:

  • Race Expo Friday afternoon
  • Set up our camp site, and enjoy an evening with some family and friends who are going (no one else is running though, bummer). 
  • Saturday morning I will wake up bright and early and head to the start line.  Race Time is at 7:30.  
  • I'm planning on lining up with the 1:55 pace group.  Which will be a miracle if I hit since my PR is 1:58:35 and the course is pretty much a gradual incline the entire 13.1 miles.
  • Once I cross the finish line (my family and friends better be there, fair warning) we will head back, shower and get ready for a hiking trip.
  • Saturday evening we will cookout and enjoy another evening with everyone and then back home on Sunday!
I will definitely make it a point to take plenty of pictures to share with all for you (actually just a few of you followers I have left, I need more, but that can wait for another post).  I'm praying for beautiful weather, great time with family and friends, and a smile on my face when I cross that finish line and that medal goes around my neck! 




2 comments:

  1. Love the new look! You're going to do great at the half. I can't wait to hear about it and see pics, I'm sure it'll be gorgeous! I can't believe you're going hiking after running a half! Have fun girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweetie! Gotta keep the family and kiddos happy, a EASY hike is what I will plan ;) I'm sure you will get pics before the rest of the world!! haha

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments....please leave me one!